Friday, July 23, 2010

I finally started using my new close up lens, the Canon 500D. I thought about getting the high quality Canon f2.8 100mm Macro lens, but it easily costs five times as much as the 500D (Over $500 for the Macro lens vs. under $100 for the close up lens). Am I ready to make a  serious commitment to macro photography or am I going to start out with a more relaxed and casual approach? In the end I chose the 500D, the close up lens for amateur photographers with commitment issues.


The Mimosa tree in my front yard has fascinatingly beautiful flowers. Setting up a tripod on the roof, to take close ups of the flowers, didn't seem like a very intelligent idea (that doesn't mean I won't do it some day). I opted to pluck some flowers and take them inside to photograph. Here are a few of the photos.






















Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mossum said...

These are stunning, Bill. I wanted so much to say, "I like the Xth one best," but in the end I couldn't decide. I get what you were saying about the focus, but these came out beautifully.

Bill said...

Thank you. I couldn't ask for a better reaction.

koby said...

These would get a huge resonse on Deviant Art. You should post them.

Post a Comment