Saturday, August 7, 2010

Adventures in Bad Lighting and Indoor Weather

 Taking photos of the Mimosa flowers indoors sounded like a great idea---as opposed to the whole tripod on the roof thing. The first few photos were much too dark and some were blurry, as though a breeze had been blowing. My low tech and half-assed solution to the lighting problem was to use a flashlight. Yes, I admit, I was rather pleased with myself.
 After looking at some of the photos I realized what a poor solution the flashlight was. On the other hand, I was able to create very different effects depending on where and how I directed the flashlight---exactly the kind of 'educational mistake' I'm looking for.
As for fixing the blurry photos...I turned off the ceiling fan.





Here is a slideshow of ten of the photos. I edited the two pinkest photos with "auto color" in Picasa. None of the other photos have been edited, except for some cropping. I wanted to see what results I could get with the camera alone (and the flashlight).

2 comments:

mossum said...

Alternately, anemones and volcanic explosions. Stunning, my friend.

Bill said...

Thanks, I had a great time with theses photos. They're so much different than my typical nature shots.

Post a Comment